May 9, 2016
Nancy Duarte, the Principal of Duarte Inc., and Patti Sanchez,
her Chief Strategy Officer, join the Business of Story Podcast to
share the tactics behind their masterfully persuasive
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince
& Convert, and Oracle Marketing Cloud.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart,
stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and
help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is
doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert
picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created
about that topic. It's topical, it's timely, it's useful, so go to
definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email
- Oracle Marketing Cloud offers an introduction
to marketing automation, with tips that marketers need
to automate and optimize.
In This Episode
- Nancy and Patti take us through the five stages of
their Venture Scape: dream, leap, fight, climb, arrive
- How to use story tension to persuade an audience
- Powerful story and communication tools that leaders can use to
galvanize employees and customers
- Re-dreaming and refusing to be satisfied with the status quo of
- Nancy's Twitter handle, @nancyduarte
- Patti's Twitter handle, @PattiSan
- The company's Twitter handle, @Duarte
- “Slide:ology: The Art and Science of
Creating Great Presentations,” by Nancy Duarte
- “Resonate: Present Visual Stories that Transform
Audiences,” by Nancy Duarte
- “Illuminate: Ignite Change through Speeches, Stories,
Ceremonies, and Symbols,” by Nancy Duarte and Patti
- Nancy Duarte analyzes Martin Luther King Jr.'s, "I Have A Dream"
- "Structure Your Presentation Like a
Story," by Nancy Duarte, The Harvard Business Review
- “Steal the Show,” by Michael
- “An Inconvenient Truth"
- Howard Schultz of Starbucks
- Ernest Shackleton
- Arizona State University School of
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from
your favorite storytellers.