May 16, 2016
Tamsen Webster, Executive Producer of TEDx Cambridge and Senior
VP of Oratium, joins the Business of Story podcast to help brands
“develop, refine, and deliver” powerful stories.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince
& Convert, and Oracle Marketing Cloud.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart,
stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and
help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is
doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert
picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created
about that topic. It's topical, it's timely, it's useful, so go to
definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email
- Oracle Marketing Cloud offers an introduction
to marketing automation, with tips that marketers need
to automate and optimize.
In This Episode
- Identify the right story for the right people at the
- "Motographics,” or motivation-based marketing
- Tamsen's essential elements of an overall
message: why, what now, and how
- The three F’s, or reasons people don't like to present:
lack of familiarity, lack of feeling, lack of faith
- The three P’s to combat the three F's: practice, passion,
- How to use personas: the commander, the counselor, the
showman, and the sage
- How the Proteus Effect plays into storytelling
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from
your favorite storytellers.