Erik Deckers, author and humor columnist, joins the Business of Story Podcast to discuss how to improve your writing skills by adding humor, understanding three-act structure, and staying simple.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It's topical, it's timely, it's useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
- Oracle Marketing Cloud offers an introduction to marketing automation, with tips that marketers need to automate and optimize.
In This Episode
- Why infusing your writing with humor will improve it
- How to break down comedic theory to make it accessible and useable
- Why you can absolutely can learn to be funny
- How stories are more approachable and more memorable with comedy
- Why some are hesitant to use humor in the workplace, but it is a misplaced fear
- How to absorb lessons from great fiction writers
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.