Randy Olson, Author and Independent Filmmaker, joins a special Business of Story Podcast to talk about how Trump intuitively utilized a surprisingly simple story template for creating compelling narratives to win the election.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It's topical, it's timely, it's useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
In This Episode
- Why all great stories can and should be refined into three simple elements: And, But and Therefore
- How many marketers make the mistake of calling the template 'too simple'
- Why a singular narrative is so important for all marketing campaigns
- How Donald Trump used his natural narrative intuition to win the election
- Why Hillary Clinton's over-complicated message was a detrimental to her campaign
- How to harness and practice these basic elements to improve your storytelling
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.