Janine Kurnoff, Founder of The Presentation Company, joins the Business of Story Podcast to discuss how to build your storytelling muscle, four primary story elements to add to every presentation, and a step-by-step process to engage your audience.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It's topical, it's timely, it's useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
In This Episode
- Why your presentations need to start with basic storytelling techniques
- How to use PowerPoint and visual aids as support for your stories
- Why storytelling is a muscle that needs to be exercised
- How to stay fresh and authentic to make a meaningful connection with your audience
- Why data is important, but not everything, in a well-rounded presentation
- How to take dry material and make it engaging and compelling
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.