LeRoy Ashby, Professor and Author, joins the Business of Story Podcast to talk about the shifting reality of the news, the similarities between P.T. Barnum and Trump, and how popular culture is an inherent part of our storytelling.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It's topical, it's timely, it's useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
In This Episode
- Why having an understanding of pop culture will improve your storytelling
- How P.T Barnum and Donald Trump are surprisingly similar
- Why politics have become more open to entertainment techniques
- How to utilize a barker mentality to hook your audience
- Why the country was so responsive to the simple but dynamic Trump campaign
- How to recognize key archetypes to integrate into your brand story
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.