Apr 4, 2016
Robert McKee, Story Mentor and creator of the famous Storynomics
and STORY Seminars, rejoins the Business of Story Podcast for a
follow up episode bridging the worlds of Hollywood and
The Business of Story is sponsored by ACT!, Convince
& Convert, Emma, and Oracle.
- ACT! helps individuals, small businesses, and
sales teams organize prospect and customer details in just one
place, ultimately driving sales. Visit http://actstory.com and enter to win a pair of BOSE
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart,
stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and
help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is
doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert
picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created
about that topic. It's topical, it's timely, it's useful, so go to
definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email
- Oracle Marketing Cloud offers an introduction
to marketing automation, with tips that marketers need
to automate and optimize.
In This Episode
- The three fundamental techniques of persuasion: emotional
persuasion, rational persuasion, and the combination of
emotional/rational persuasion, story
- The difference between implicit and explicit story
- The intersection of meaning, truth, and
- "Negaphobia," or the fear of all things negative
- Changing your thinking from inductive to causal
- How to win a free story consultation with Park Howell
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from
your favorite storytellers.